Thursday, December 1, 2011

The days gone by...



I miss the old days
When mom and pops would ride off to work and the house was ours to own…
I miss the long afternoons with nothing to do and no bills to pay
The mystery of love that twirled loosely in my young heart
I miss the sincerity of the ink letters that tore my virgin emotions lose
I miss the suspense that came with thinking if she would ever notice and write back…
I miss the dark nights where I took count of the starry velvet sky
Wishing intimately to myself of the day we would ride our magic carpet up on High
I miss the times we would gather and picnics we the in thing
I miss dancing in the rain; Watering the rose flowers in our mini-garden;playing shake in the courtyard
I miss the way I would record her a cassette tape full of songs she loved..from the radio..lol!
Yeah; it was either sundowner or late date that caught my fancy
I miss her shy smile and walking her home..no cars, no gadgets ;just we
I remember the long walk would go to and fro a dozen times; who didn’t do this?
I miss stealing the kiss just outside her home then suddenly someone came opening…busted!
I miss fumbling over my words..and saying nothing but gibberish
I miss that she really sympathized and gave me a second chance..
I miss saying “” I love you..and she saying “I love you too”!Like we knew what love was..
I miss the innocence of having to buy her a penny’s worth of goody goody…
Because frankly I did not have any money and she totally loved it!
I miss watching rythmix on Friday evenings and serenade her the blues
I miss the joy of sleep overs with pals and playing cards like we didn’t have a care in the world..
I miss the long strolls at aboretum park down the sunset lane..collectin’ souvenir pebbles
I miss the rain soaked windows, candle lit hot chocolate over a romantic movie..with her
I miss the days of call box and hoping my coins would last me through the convo…
I miss looking into her eyes; promising her the sun, moon and the whole galaxy; holding her hand..Wishing forever
I wouldn’t know what became of her now but it made teenhood all the worthwhile..
I do miss these and more..But ..
Though I treasure those moments; I live for the present because I’m jazz, I’m a hopeless romantic but ‘tleast I’m a keeper!


(c) jazzkuria

12 comments:

jazzkuria said...

thanx amee

Augie said...

Hey...cool poetry: evocative, fresh and frank. Accessible to all and lively as wings--thank you. If a moment, with similar poetic liveliness to which I aspire, with gypsies wrestling: http://wrestlinggypsies.blogspot.com

Ghafla!Guy said...

I miss all that too , :-( happy new year anywaiz!

Ghafla!Guy said...

We all miss those days, :-(

Anonymous said...

The POLO T-Shirts For Men is a timeless fashion icon, and one that practically every person owns at least one. With the choices that are now available, the polo shirt will likely continue to be a fashionable choice for years to come.Other POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men POLO Shirts For Men POLO Sweaters For Men Polo for women polo long sleeve for women

Hugo said...

Really nice poem- I loved reading it, but it also made me sad. Good work!

It's only human to miss things that made you happy, but it is also human to look forward to what lies ahead.

I didn't stumble upon your blog by accident, I read it as I think that you might also be interested in continuing a discussion on my blog, given your interest in the human form and the arts.

You may not be aware yet, but there is a new phenomenon sweeping parts of the web. It is very ambiguous and mysterious, but the messages that have been transmitted are very interesting and it is creating lots of excitement on the web and in certain circles of society.

It's ambiguity is where my blog comes in. It is a space where the questions and theories of this phenomenon can be discussed and scrutinised, and where those excited by this new viral campaign can try and solve the mystery of what it is, and whether it is really as relevant and interesting as it promises to be. It is still not known whether it is a political party, a philosophical idea or even a movie campaign!

Anyway I think that you would enjoy participating in the early discussions of this phenomenon.

Many thanks, and keep up the good blogging:)

Unknown said...

Kala vhi tui to Khub Valo Bloge Banata paris Amaka aktu dkahbi AkhonRead a lot of blogs specially interesting ones like your blog, Good post! I accidentally found your site on the internet

Manish Kumar said...

Great post!
Cheap Flights To Dubai or Cheap flights to Manila or Cheap flights to Kathmandu or Cheap flights to Bangkok or Cheap flights to New York or Cheap Flights To Miami or Cheap Flights To Orlando

child traumatic brain injury said...

lovely... I truly love your poem.. thanks ♥

wow account for sale said...

WoW! Such a brilliant post. Love it.

web design michigan said...

I am really impressed with your writing skills and alose with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify ityourself? Anyway keep upthe nioce quality writing, it's rare to see a nice blog like this one today.

Unknown said...

nice post...

php training in ahmedabad