Monday, October 18, 2010

What to do when you feel alone? Call on God! (Excert "Friendship with God)


What you can do if you are imagining that you are alone is to come to Me.
Come to Me in the depths of your soul. Talk to Me from your heart. Companion with Me in your mind. I will be with you, and you will know it.

If you have been making daily contact with Me, this will be easier. Yet even if you have not, I will not fail you, but be with you the moment you call to Me. For this is My promise: Even before you call My name, I will be there.
That is because I am always there, and your very decision to call My name merely elevates your awareness of Me.

Once you are aware of Me, your sadness will leave you. For sadness and God
cannot exist in the same place, because God is Life Energy, turned up as high as it will go, and sadness is Life Energy turned down.

Therefore, when I come to you, do not turn Me down!

Every time you have a hunch about something and ignore it, you turn Me down.

Every time you receive an offer to put an end to bad feelings, or cease a conflict, and ignore it, you turn Me down.

Every time you do not return the smile of a stranger, walk under the awesome wonder of a night sky and don’t look up, pass a flower bed without stopping to behold its beauty, you turn Me down.

Every time you hear My voice, or feel the presence of a departed loved one, and say it’s just your imagination, you turn Me down.

Every time you feel love for another in your soul, or feel a song in your heart, or see a grand vision in your mind, and do nothing about it, you turn Me down.

Every time you find yourself reading just the right book, or hearing just the right sermon, or watching just the right movie, or running into just the right friend, at Just the right time in your life, and write it off to coincidence or serendipity or “luck,” you turn Me down.

And I tell you this: before the cock crows three times, some of you will deny Me.

No comments: