Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Whats with Words?

Whats with words, I ask?
whats with the 26 letters that when re-arranged
then said or written, makes a difference?
words do not have arms to hold me close
neither do they have a face i can catch at the first glance
Yet,Unequivocally,words have a hidden soul
and when those " three little words" are uttered..somehow,always,
my heart is embraced with warmth,love and joy.how? I wonder!

A Thousand miles apart and those "words" speak volumes
and assure me of your presence
sometimes,once too often, them words put mi down, and in an instance
hurt is spewed into my essence
Agony,in my heart,then consumes.

The adage says"sticks and stones may break my bones but words cant"
but No!..They do!!
whats with words, then I ask?
can I go without them for a day, or, two?
can a poem be without words?
whats their root coz i see n know their fruit?
Somewhere ,righthere, words are scattered and uttered
words are all over!
in airwaves,thru' music, in paper thru' books
in the heavens thru' prayers,in the graves thru' curses
need i go on?Everywhere!!

Words are bound to stay and be .so I learn
I plead then, my brothers and sisters
can we make our words have life where we can?
can we use them in Truth and Positivity ?
After all, WORDS ARE US!

(jazz.)

-END-

No comments: